How to look perfectly put together in a 5 minute outfit may seem like an oxymoron to some (ha, ha, I crack myself up) but you only need a few essentials to pull it off.
All you need is 5 pieces…
- Start with a simple dress in a woven fabric, like this crepe dress – knit fabrics tend to look a bit too casual and we are going for a smart and sleek.
- Adding a scarf, rather than going for the obvious jewelry, is a fresh new way to style a simple dress.
- Pair your outfit with a bag that has some texture and interest, like this fringed saddle bag, to elevate the look without having to think too much about accessorizing.
- A great pair of sandals in a low block heel really streamline an outfit while keeping you comfortable and ready to walk around all day if need be!
- Last but definitely not least, top it off with a denim jacket for a perfect casual weekend/brunch look.
STYLE TIP: When accessorizing the dress, use complementary hues to add some depth to your outfit. I used earthy tones in different shades to put this outfit together. Keeping the accessories neutral in varying shades keeps the look from being too matchy-matchy.
Although this dress is super simple, layering textures, complementary colors and interesting accessories took it to the next level!
SHOP THE LOOK